Roaches in Las Vegas are a common pest problem. For most people, the mere sight of roaches invokes feelings of disgust. Their flat bodies, long antennae, and scurrying from one spot to another trigger an immediate reaction that sends them rushing to contact an exterminator who can quickly eradicate the problem.
Rebel Pest Control provides responsive and preventative pest control services that ensure your home is roach-free moving forward.
4 Species of Roaches in Las Vegas
Roaches have been on the earth for hundreds of millions of years, so it should be no surprise that they’ve developed remarkable survival skills. They can tolerate extreme heat and have even become resistant to some pesticides, which can make it challenging to eliminate them.
There are nearly 5,000 different roach species. The four most common in Las Vegas are:
- German roaches
- Oriental roaches
- American roaches
- Australian roaches
Aside from destructive chewing behavior that can lead to fire hazards and costly repairs, roaches also emit an unpleasant odor, contaminate food and surfaces, and reproduce incredibly fast.
Effective Extermination Strategies From Rebel Pest Control
Successful roach control typically requires a multi-prong approach tailored to the specific infestation.
- Professional pest control services. The fastest and most effective way to tackle a summer roach invasion is to hire a reputable Las Vegas pest control company. Trained technicians can assess the problem’s severity, identify the roach species, and implement targeted treatments using safe and effective pesticides. Severe infestations might require one or more follow-up visits to ensure the issue is entirely resolved.
- Integrated pest management (IPM). IPM is an environmentally friendly approach to pest eradication that relies on multiple strategies to manage the roach population. They can include identifying the infestation’s source, sealing entry points, reducing food and water sources, and using non-toxic methods like traps and baits. Properly planned and implemented IPM solutions, in tandem with professional pest control, helps you achieve long-term control over your roach infestation.
- Home or DIY remedies. DIY solutions include store-bought diatomaceous earth baits, sticky traps, and natural repellents like essential oils. These methods can sometimes be effective, but getting rid of a roach problem on your own tends to be extremely difficult.
Once your roach problem has been successfully eradicated, you can use these prevention tips to keep them from invading your home again:
- Regularly inspect your home for signs of a new infestation or possible entry points.
- Seal small holes and cracks near windows and doors.
- Seal food in airtight containers and keep prep areas sanitary.
- Clean out clutter, particularly vast amounts of cardboard, and clear out yard debris.
- Hire a professional pest control company to come regularly to maintain your pest control and prevent an invasion from happening again.
Still have questions about roaches in Las Vegas and what you can do about them? Contact the professionals at Rebel Pest Control. We can eliminate your current roach infestation and provide proactive pest control solutions that help prevent another invasion. With over 30 years of pest control expertise, you can depend on us to efficiently and effectively eradicate any pest problem you’re dealing with!